Subject: Re: License of code in utils/MTP/

Re: License of code in utils/MTP/

From: Maurus Cuelenaere <mcuelenaere_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 23:25:06 +0100

I talked to a Songbird developer today about their Windows MTP
implementation, and they won't be releasing it any time soon..

They made their code private because of licensing issues (they had to
request a license key from Microsoft as they want to transfer DRM tracks to
devices).

They have plans about opening up the code, but it certainly won't be in
their next release; so probably within a few more months.

Also their code is deeply integrated with their Device Framework and relies
(heavily) on XPCOM according to dbradley..

I haven't had any response from Creative yet, except for #creative on
Freenode; but nothing useful.

Regards,
Cuelenaere Maurus