Subject: Adding a global API pointer for plugins

Adding a global API pointer for plugins

From: Andrew Mahone <>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:28:47 -0500

Jens Arnold, Michael Sevakis, and I have been working on changes to
the plugin loader to provide a global plugin API pointer, initialized
in the loader, instead of passing it to plugin_start. I'm pretty sure
that the bugs are shaken out by this point, and it now runs every
plugin i've tried on my E200, but I think it needs wider consideration
before commit, primarily because of the number of files it touches.
The latest version is at, and
should have everything currently in pluginlib, and all plugins,
converted to use the global API.

Andrew Mahone
andrew DOT mahone AT gmail DOT com

Q: How many voters does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None - if voting could change anything they'd make it illegal