Subject: Re: Adding a global API pointer for plugins

Re: Adding a global API pointer for plugins

From: Björn Stenberg <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:03:01 +0100

Andrew Mahone wrote:
> I think it needs wider consideration before commit

On one hand I don't like it, because it introduces "magic" and obscures some information.

On the other hand I like it, because it centralizes what every plugin is alreday doing anyway.

What I am missing is a bit of elaboration on the idea/purpose behind this. Why is it done? Just to simplify plugin init, or are you planning to introduce inline stubs to all functions so plugins don't even have to use the rb pointer?