Subject: Re: Backlight fading settings

Re: Backlight fading settings

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:22:44 -0600

> but why is there a need to remove options from targets that can
> support them without penalties? This feels somewhat like removing
> headphone detection from devices that support it just to not have
> additional options on those players compared to others. I really can't
> see a benefit in removing those options.
Based on the discussions I saw on IRC, the idea is that the code is
overcomplicated in trying to offer this feature as it is now. But I
think the _general_ lean of opinion is "since people definitely seem to
like the configurability, don't break it unless the complicated code
turns out to be problematic" I think.