Subject: Re: Plugin API documentation

Re: Plugin API documentation

From: Maurus Cuelenaere <mcuelenaere_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:48:13 +0100

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 18:39, Dominik Riebeling <
dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> That's pretty much like doxygen comments work, which would look like
> this (given that the AUTOBRIEF option is turned on, otherwise you'd
> need an additional _at_brief in the first line):
>
> /** short description of the function.
> * optional longer description of the function
> * _at_param arg1 description of arg1
> * _at_param arg2 description of arg2
> * _at_return description of return valus
> */
>
> So I'd suggest when refactoring also moving to that syntax -- you
> could still use your generator, or optionally run doxygen on it. There
> are also groups (though I don't remember off the top of my head how
> that tag was). As a side note, doxygen also understands tags with
> leading \ instead of _at_ so that could also get used. I, however, prefer
> the latter.

I don't have any problems with that, but does Doxygen ignore unsupported
commands?
Like for example when you have something like:

/** short description of the function.
 * optional longer description of the function
 * _at_param arg1 description of arg1
 * _at_param arg2 description of arg2
 * _at_return description of return valus
 * _at_see [W[RockboxKernel]]
 */

And does Doxygen has a feature where only 1 type of description can get
used? I don't see any use for adding both a short and long description, IMO
one (long) description suffices.

Regards,
Cuelenaere Maurus