Subject: Re: Plugin API documentation

Re: Plugin API documentation

From: Alex Bennee <>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:55:22 +0000

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Daniel Stenberg <> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Alex Bennee wrote:
>> Which begs the question why not just use doxygen to generate the
>> documentation?
> My only gripe with doxygen is the fact that I've never yet seen a fine
> doxygen generated documentation. I think the idea is fine to get the docs
> from the source, but the presentation of that docs need to be done in a
> reading friendly way.

This may be a question of taste thing? I've used doxygen on a number
of commercial code bases and it has proved very useful. The
call-graphs and code layout are very useful for comprehending call
patterns and usage. I've never felt the need to customise the output I
get from a simple doxygen config.

The generated documentation will only ever be as good as the source
code commentary though.

> --
> /

Alex, homepage: