Subject: Re: Plugin API documentation

Re: Plugin API documentation

From: Maurus Cuelenaere <>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:42:02 +0100

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:29, Daniel Stenberg <> wrote:

> My only gripe with doxygen is the fact that I've never yet seen a fine
> doxygen generated documentation. I think the idea is fine to get the docs
> from the source, but the presentation of that docs need to be done in a
> reading friendly way. <>

The advantage of this system is that it works with templates and CSS, so the
presentation of the documentation are customizable.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 23:11, Dominik Riebeling <> wrote:

> And just an idea that popped into my mind: why not recognize links to
> the wiki from CamelCase names?

That's a nice idea, I'll put it on my TODO list :)

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:12, Alex Bennee <> wrote:

> Which begs the question why not just use doxygen to generate the
> documentation? <>

I think there've been some attempts to use Doxygen as a generator, but most
of them have been cancelled?

Also, the last time when the subject came up on IRC, I remember that more
people liked this system than Doxygen (because it generates a bit more
useful information, like that function X only works when Y is defined etc).

Cuelenaere Maurus