Subject: Re: Plugin API documentation

Re: Plugin API documentation

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 01:14:34 +1100

2009/1/16 Maurus Cuelenaere <mcuelenaere_at_gmail.com>:
> I've opened FS#9802 which has my latest work regarding this.
>
> Regards,
> Cuelenaere Maurus

Hi,
Just looking at the patch and I think I want to add my 2 cents against
this... The plugin.h header should be kept as tidy as possible so its
easy to see quickly which functions are currently available in the
API. Adding this comment block before every function makes that more
difficult.

I think a better (although trickier) solution is to put proper
documentation in the actual code.

Quick example of what I'm talking about for new comers... do a search
for "read" to try find read_line (assuming you dont know the name of
the function.. just that you're looking for something which reads
files) with all that extra comment text you'll find yourself pressing
"find next" alot more than without it.

Jonathan