Subject: Summer of Code 2009

Summer of Code 2009

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:03:55 +0100 (CET)

Hey friends

(This post is cross-posted, please take follow-ups only on the dev list as
this should be considered merely informational on the users list.)

Google has announced that they will run Summer of Code again this year, 2009.
Even if with somewhat less students and thus somewhat less organizations.

If we want Rockbox to participate in this venture yet again I'm convinced that
we need to cough up a bunch of high quality ideas and suggestions for possible
students to use for inspiration. It has been shown in the past that students
very rarely go beyond the existing suggestions, so the better the ideas we can
present and write up, the better is the chance that we will become an accepted
organization and that we will get quality projects by clueful students!

So, feel free to reply to this mail (to the dev list please) or start hacking
on a wiki page.

Inspiration from previous years can be extracted from the wiki of course:

         http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SummerOfCode2007
         http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SummerOfCode2008

I am personally of the opinion that we need to have at least a few really good
ideas present to even bother to apply as an organization.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se - rockbox gsoc admin 2007 and 2008