Subject: Re: Version Strings

Re: Version Strings

From: Torne Wuff <>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:34:35 +0000

On Thu, Jan 15 09 at 3:43:44PM +0000, Alex Bennee wrote:
> Ok I'll tweak it to that format. I still think having dirty adds
> useful information. It may be worth just dumping that into
> rockbox-info.txt
> Can you post your copy of the script and I'll slurb the bzr bit into
> it of you want.

Patch attached. Unfortunately it takes about 8 seconds to run the bzr version
on my machine, because there is no way at present to extract the bzr-svn
version info as a single operation: the script I have just greps the entire bzr
log for it. bzr-svn supports merging revisions from more than one svn
repository/branch into a single bzr branch, so I don't know that there is a
better way particularly :) It won't run unless there is a .bzr directory in
your tree so it shouldn't matter for anyone else.

One other thing this doesn't take into account is the possibility that the
branch is a direct checkout of svn with no local changes at all: it still
includes the bzr revision number in that case. Again, writing a generic script
that can detect this is more fiddly than I'd like.

Torne Wuff