Subject: Re: Summer of Code 2009

Re: Summer of Code 2009

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:26:14 -0000

But I realized that things are different for audio books. I don't see any
advantage here and agree with Paul that quicker seeking without sound is
preferable in this case.

> Andreas

Not necessarily it depends how the audio book has been recorded, typically
if the book has chapters, there will be a bit of silence between the ending
of won chapter and the announcement of the next.
So audible feedback would be useful in some cases with audio books, for
scrolling through to find a particular chapter.
Over all, I can only mostly see advantages to having audible feedback. I no
you said that ram might be a problem, and I suppose this is true on the
smaller players, but one setting surely isn't going to eat that much space,
its not like we are talking about steeling a hole mb of ram is it.