Subject: Re: Summer of Code 2009

Re: Summer of Code 2009

From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:47:15 +0100

> I think it would be a valuable feature, although maybe it wouldn't be a full
> summer's worth of work.
>
> Nicolas

I think if we extend the scope of such a project to: "Improve the voice
system" it might be a full summer of work. :-)

There are many things to fix/improve in the voice system. The voice
while paused is just one of them. Another is the versioning of the
voicefiles, perhaps bound to lang file version. (At moment its
impossible to detect a outdated voicefile, which causes mixedup voice)
And maybe a fallback voice clip, when a voicefile is outdated.
And many more.

I would think this could make a nice gsoc project.

dominik