Subject: iRiver H300: Flickering after Hold

iRiver H300: Flickering after Hold

From: Matthias Mohr <Matthias_at_mohrenclan.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:39:49 +0100

Hi everybody,

I just noticed a problem in current builds of rockbox when I use my iRiver H300.

I start listening to e.g. an audiobook, switch the hold on (the screen immediately
switches off - was it always like this?) and put the device in my pocket.
After a while (approx. 20min) I get it out of my pocket and switch the hold off again.
The screen immediately switched on again but the flickers a dozen times until
it stabilizes again.
It seems that the longer I play during hold, the longer the flickering lasts.

When I don't play (or pause playing before switching hold on) it doesn't seem to flicker...
Did anybody else notice this?

My current self compiled build is r19818M-090122, but I also noticed it in build from
December last year.
The theme I use is cabbie-v2 (if that matters).

I'm not sure in which build it started, but I'm sure the problem didn't exist in the past
- don't ask me about when "past" was :-)

with regards,
Matthias (aka Massa)