Subject: RE: Error building cross-compiler

RE: Error building cross-compiler

From: Mike . <giac2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:13:17 -0700

> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:08:17 +0100
> From: rasher_at_rasher.dk
> To: rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se
> Subject: Re: Error building cross-compiler
>
> Jason Voegele wrote:
>> Since the automated tool did not work, I decided to try the manual option
>> described on the wiki. The failure occurs when trying to build
>> binutils-2.16.1. The configure stage works fine, but when I run make, I get the
>> following error:
>
> I saw that saratoga (Michael Giacomelli) had issues with compiling
> binutils with Ubuntu's GCC. He mentioned that a patch exists, but I don't
> think he said where.
>
> See: http://www.rockbox.org/irc/log-20090118#19:21:51

Yes I did, but thats only for one specific release of binutils (2.19). The older version we use for rockbox has no issues on Ubuntu, and compiled fine for me. Since many/most rockbox developers seem to be using Ubuntu, I tend to think its a problem with his particular install or environment thats preventing gcc from working properly.

Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/versatility.aspx#mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_WL_HM_versatility_121208