Subject: strange error when trying to build voice

strange error when trying to build voice

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:50:46 -0000

Hi list.

I was wondering if someone could please advise me about this strange error I
am experiencing when trying to build a voice under cygwin.

I am doing the build on 17783 for the simple reason I am having real
problems checking out the 3.1 branch of code, and r.17783 is the last
version on which the patches I am using work, unless I can get the 3.1
branch checked out correctly.

I don't understand why I am getting the error when voice building as I have
tried building both when I have patches applied and when I have none applied
and each time the same error comes up.

If it makes any difference voice building was working, but then I had to
reinstall cygwin as I managed to break my etc profile when I was trying to
add in a command to save generated voice clips.

The error when I try to build a voice that comes up is as follows
Bareword "CMD_OUT" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
/rockbox/tools/ line 96.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
tools/ line 414.
make: *** [voice] Error 255

I would be very grateful for any help.