Subject: Re: strange error when trying to build voice

Re: strange error when trying to build voice

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_fhtw-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:42:18 +0100

alex wallis schrieb:

> Hi. OK, Have I misunderstood what happens when code is branched? I
> thought that when code is branched its done at a suitably stable
> point. After that point the branch is not updated as it is considered
> stable. Development work goes on on the trunk, but a branch is left
> alone at a given revision.
> If I have completely misunderstood, could someone please explain what
> the difference is between checking out the 3.1 branch and the trunk
> code? if either way you still get the latest revision?
> Also, if you check out the 3.1 branch, can you still revert it to
> earlier revisions if you wish?

The branch remains unchanged, but it is still versioned(under version
control). That's why you always checkout the latest revision, no matter
which subdirectory you checkout (and trunk, tags and branches are
essentially subdirectories only too). Unless you give it a -rXXXX
parameter, that is.
And unless there have been commits into the branch, it's identical to
when 3.1 was released (only the revision is different).