Subject: devcon 2009 location?

devcon 2009 location?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:08:07 +0100 (CET)

Hey

Someone on IRC provided links to pictures from devcon 2008[*] and it made me
think about getting something like that organized again this summer.

So here's my general call to the entire Rockbox community!

  If you would be able to help out arranging devcon2009, perhaps at your
  company or somewhere where you live, please consider:

  A) telling us about it (nothing is settled yet so you can mention it even
     if you're not sure yet)

  B) check for dates (around June/July perhaps) where it would be suitable to
     arrange it at that place.

I figure a Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon is a pretty decent period.

We were some 20-25 guys last year so I guess we could end up around the
similar amount this year if we just find a suitable central spot.

I think the Rockbox fund may be able to sponsor committers for (some)
traveling expenses this year as well, with a similar amount like last year or
so.

I'm convinced those nice guys at Haxx will step up and sponsor tshirts and
possibly some other Rockbox merchandize again! ;-)

I have no doubt that us Swedes would be able to cough up a facility to host
such an event in the general Stockholm area, but I fear that this is far from
"central" and thus we would attract a lesser amount of participants if done
here.

[*] = http://picasaweb.google.com/peturbox/RockboxDevcon2008

--
  / daniel.haxx.se