Subject: Irritating Sansa E200 Low Battery failure to boot

Irritating Sansa E200 Low Battery failure to boot

From: Jacob Rau <jacob.rau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:50:51 -0500

Hello,

When I run the battery near-flat on my Sansa E280, I get it to the point
where I get a text message on the screen reading
"Battery is too low
System shutdown".

I don't remember seeing this message before installing Rockbox, but I
also can't find the offending lines in the RB source. I seem to recall
the exact message being displayed on my brother's Rockboxed iPod nano,
so I'm thinking it's a RB thing.

I grep'd all over the RB source, and cannot find it. Is this message a
part of the original firmware? Or am I missing something?

If this is a RB thing, why? I mean, it's not like this player has a hard
drive to wear out when the battery dies...I realize the quick fix is to
keep my Sansa charged, but I don't see a reason for the current behavior.

And if it's an OF thing, I will just have to bite it.

Jacob