Subject: Re: Summer of Code 2009

Re: Summer of Code 2009

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:31:18 +0000

MT. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in a previous message, I asked if "adding support for RealAudio" would be
> accepted as a good SoC09 idea ? I know it was mentioned in 2008, but no one
> applied for it, so does anyone support this idea ?
> If yes, I would definitely want to apply as a student and work on it. I have
> already familiarized myself with the problem and done little studying which
> I could build upon. (and thanks to linuxstb for helping with his parser :-).

I think I would support such an application - audio codecs are always
welcome, even though RealAudio seems to be becoming less and less used
each year.

But of course, whether you end up doing this all depends on whether
Rockbox is accepted as a mentoring organisation this year, how many
student slots we're assigned, and what the other project proposals (and
students) turn out to be.

So you could just do it now ;)

Dave.