Subject: Re: last years gsoc projects

Re: last years gsoc projects

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:37:01 -0000

> alex wallis wrote:
>> Perhaps the wiki could be updated with information about the success or
>> lack of of the various projects from years past. or if not just an e mail
>> to the list.|
> Rockbox is open source, and put together by a group of volunteers. Perhaps
> you'd like to put together this email after contacting the students and
> mentors from last year's summer of code? The mentors and students are
> listed at the Google Summer of Code page, I believe, and from there you
> could contact the mentors at least to find out what information is worth
> putting in the email for the list.
>
> If last year's isn't available though, it is a good idea for something you
> could do this coming summer, too.

Perhaps a kind of news letter would be good every month or every two months.
With a final summary report at the end explaining the progress that was made
with each idea and if it was successfully committed or not.
Would the mentors and students really be interested in contributing to such
a news letter though? I mean if they are all writing me reports on how
things are going and I am simply summarising and collating them most people
will probably think its easier for them to write to the list directly.