Subject: Natural/Numeric/Intelligent sorting (FS#8314)

Natural/Numeric/Intelligent sorting (FS#8314)

From: Thomas Martitz <>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:16:29 +0100

So guys,

I'd like to start a new attempt at getting a consensus.

The latest patch I posted applies the sorting as a modifier. I.e. you
don't choose natsort over alphabetical (or vice-versa) sort, but choose
on natsort or ascii sort in a seperate menu, and always when alphabetic
filename sorting is applied, it will use the one that's been chosen.

The menu is as follows (a seperate menu in General Settings -> File view):

Sort numbers:
    "1, 2, 03, 10"
    "03, 1, 10, 2"

If you have ideas or objections, please reply. I really want to get this
in soon!

Best regards