Subject: Re: 5.5G iPod shutdown confusing the boot code?

Re: 5.5G iPod shutdown confusing the boot code?

From: asettico <asettico_at_rossomaltese.it>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:38:51 +0100

*Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker_at_bennee.com> ha scritto*:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that sometimes when Rockbox shuts down it leave the boot
> code confused as to the charge state of the battery. The iPod will
> refuse to boot with the usual Menu key and when plugged in to the USB
> reports very low battery. Once I give it the two finger salute and
> reboot into Rockbox everything is fine.
>
> Has anyone else seen this behaviour before?

I have an iPod Video 5.5g, and I noticed this behaviour since always,
I think. I bought the DAP in june 2007.
I was starting to think that could be an environmental temperature
point, but it's so random that I cannot reproduce it.
HTH

--
  ,= ,-_-. =.  asettico ~ [ http://rossomaltese.it/   ]
((_/)o o(\_)) OpenPGP ~~ [ 1024D/1CB926BA 2003-11-29 ]