Subject: Re: reassembling h140

Re: reassembling h140

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:36:23 -0600

alex wallis wrote:

> I simply thought this list might have more technical people who no
> about the hardware on than the ordinary users list. I no my post is
> probably frowned upon, but my players are in bits so I am trying to
> explore all possible areas I might get some help.
> Perhaps rockbox should set up a list for hardware discussion as long
> as it is to do with rockbox supported players or players that rockbox
> is being ported to.

You're not going to interest people in helping you by intentionally
doing something they've asked you in advance not to do. Basically, by
posting here you've said "I don't respect your request of me, but I want
to make a request of you."

The normal user mailing list is far more acceptable for making support
requests for attempting to repair players running Rockbox. There's also
a "Repairing Broken Players" section in the forum. You're also more than
welcome to start your own hardware discussion list if you feel one is
essential.

People who don't want to receive user support requests in their mailbox,
but are involved in Rockbox development, sign up for this list and not
the user list. Please, respect the line of distinction between the two
lists. People who are interested in trying to provide support have
already signed up for the user list, so posting here is just a way to
upset those who didn't already sign up for the user list.