Subject: Re: reassembling h140

Re: reassembling h140

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:48:08 -0000

> alex wallis wrote:
>> I simply thought this list might have more technical people who no about
>> the hardware on than the ordinary users list. I no my post is probably
>> frowned upon, but my players are in bits so I am trying to explore all
>> possible areas I might get some help.
>> Perhaps rockbox should set up a list for hardware discussion as long as
>> it is to do with rockbox supported players or players that rockbox is
>> being ported to.
> You're not going to interest people in helping you by intentionally doing
> something they've asked you in advance not to do. Basically, by posting
> here you've said "I don't respect your request of me, but I want to make a
> request of you."
> The normal user mailing list is far more acceptable for making support
> requests for attempting to repair players running Rockbox.
I apologize, I did not realise that the ordinary users list can be used for
discussion of hardware problems, I thought like this list that topics were
strictly confined to rockbox.
I don't want to tread on any more toes, so I would like to ask would it be
acceptable for me to repost my message regarding player repair to the
ordinary users list, should it prove necessary. A person called GL has
replied to me off list, so I have responded to him, but if that doesn't work
out would I be breaking more rules to repost to the users list, though of
course I really hope I won't have to do that.