Subject: Re: 5.5G iPod shutdown confusing the boot code?

Re: 5.5G iPod shutdown confusing the boot code?

From: Dave Woyciesjes <>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:24:27 -0500

asettico wrote:
> *In data 27/02/2009 22:45, Boris Gjenero ha scritto*:
>> I used to think it had something to do with low temperatures or low
>> states of charge, but it also happens at room temperature with a full
>> battery. Sometimes I've thought it had to do with turning on very
>> soon after the iPod was turned off, but I've also seen it after long
>> off times.
>> Even plugging in a FireWire charger doesn't wake the iPod. I don't
>> understand how the iPod is able to get into this state. I wonder if
>> the iPod wakes up after the charger has been plugged in for a while.
>> I don't think I've ever seen this with OF, even when waking from
>> hibernate. However, I've used Rockbox a lot more.
> Knowing this behaviour, sometimes I look at the display when switch the
> iPod on or plug the USB cable in: for a fraction of a second I can see
> the message "low battery" (or something like that) with an icon that
> remember the graphic style of the emergency disk mode.
> I can't tell about the behaviour with the OF, bacause I never used it
> since when I bought the DAP.

        I'm also wondering if this is related to the iPod being formatted
FAT32. My iPod never gave me this kind of trouble until I had
reformatted on Windows iTunes to load Rockbox...

--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818
--- AIM - woyciesjes
--- CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech -
--- HDI Certified Support Center Analyst -
"From there to here,
 From here to there,
Funny things
are everywhere."