Subject: Re: 5.5G iPod shutdown confusing the boot code?

Re: 5.5G iPod shutdown confusing the boot code?

From: Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:46:37 -0500

David Hall wrote:
> Real question is, IMHO, can we devise a test to demonstrate once and
> for all it is not Rockbox's problem?
> I have plenty of iPods which could be devoted to such a (presumably)
> long-term test.

        Yes, but is it something we can realistically do? The way I figure,
we'd need duplicates of each iPod. One running normal, and the other
with Rockbox. Then we'd have to figure out how to simulate regular
usage, doing roughly the same on each device... Kinda tough since this
is a seemingly random issue.
        The bug hasn't gotten me for at least a week now, but then I also have
kept in in iPod/iTunes mode for the time being. (Got over 1500 songs I'm
still trying to rate into my Library of 20,000 songs, and right now,
this is the easiest way to do it....) So, I haven't engaged the
bootloader for this past week...

        Is there a way we can find out if/when this happens to iPod users that
dont' use Rockbox? Is there an Apple support article about this?

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818