Subject: Re: FS#9873 - Utilise buttons for playlisting

Re: FS#9873 - Utilise buttons for playlisting

From: Boris Gjenero <boris.gjenero_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 00:11:17 -0500

Thomas Martitz wrote:
> I was hoping to get some input on this patch. It adds two, imo very
> useful, key combos.
>
> At the moment it only applies to the e200. I was hoping that any target
> that has free buttons can make use of it, but I didn't receive
> suggestions about this so far.
>
> And generally, is this even wanted? I'd really want this. It makes
> adding tracks and viewing & manipulating the playlist easier and quicker.

I think this is a great idea!

The current way of adding files to the playlist isn't too bad if I'm
just focused on the Rockbox interface. However when I'm busy with other
stuff it is too much trouble and it stops me from creating playlists.
On my Archos Gmini 220 I could add files to the playlist with a single
button press, and I ended up creating custom playlists a *lot* more often.

If there are free buttons they should definitely be put to use. For
example on iPods, select and next track do the same thing when browsing
files, and on Archos recorders there's F2 and F3.

I guess there might be some disagreements over what functions should be
assigned to extra buttons. If so, maybe functions could be assigned
like settings can now be assigned to the quickscreen.

--
Boris