Subject: Re: FS#9873 - Utilise buttons for playlisting

Re: FS#9873 - Utilise buttons for playlisting

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:35:40 -0600

Jonathan Gordon wrote:

> I was talking about the single button insert bit being useless... make
> it customisable (or repeat previous action) or forget about the
> feature...

Repeating "Insert Next" is useless. Repeating "Insert Last" is never
necessary because an "Insert" after "Insert Last" will also be "Last."
"Insert" is the most flexible of the options because it follow the
insert point. I don't really see how it's "useless." About the only way
I can see repeated "Insert Next" being necessary is if you already know
the list of songs you want to play in the opposite order from the order
you want to hear them, and can't work out what order you really want to
hear them in, so you want to Insert Next them as you go so that the
player reverses their order for you. Seems a bit of an odd use case to me.