Subject: Re: FS#9873 - Utilise buttons for playlisting

Re: FS#9873 - Utilise buttons for playlisting

From: Boris Gjenero <boris.gjenero_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:43:58 -0500

Mike Holden wrote:
> Jonathan Gordon wrote:
>> the h300/e200 ports have had nothing assigned to the rec button for
>> over 2 years now... I think we can all agree they are spare... new
>> ports its up to the developer, and exsisting targets... its up to the
>> custom builders
>
> I /like/ the fact the rec button is unassigned on my 340 - I use it to
> activate the screen without performing any function. Don't confuse this
> use with the "1st button activates backlight" option - when I press vol+,
> skip etc I want them to activate on the 1st press, not the 2nd.

I find this to be a very valuable feature on other targets. I need a
way to turn on the backlight without causing side-effects. Undoing
side-effects is annoying. I also don't like "First Keypress Enables
Backlight Only" because then I need to know backlight state. For
example, if I want to go to the next track without looking, do I press
once and maybe only turn on the backlight or press twice and maybe skip
an additional track?

This is the best argument I've seen for leaving an unused button.

--
Boris