Subject: Re: Building Rockbox faster with make -j

Re: Building Rockbox faster with make -j

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 00:49:28 -0600

David Hall wrote:
> Boris Gjenero wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a 4-core Intel Q6600 CPU, and -j 4 cuts the
>> build time in half, from about 10 minutes to about 5 minutes.
>>

> OT - but even that seems very slow.

Seriously. My EEEPC with its 900 MHz Celeron M just compiled rockbox in
just over 11 minutes by running "../tools/configure && make && make
fullzip", using approximately 7:38 of CPU time. And I didn't
Your processor should be significantly faster per core , but we're
getting similar build times (not counting your -j 4 results)
Let me guess, you're building in Cygwin.