Subject: Re: USB and safely remove hardware

Re: USB and safely remove hardware

From: <rburight.thebashar_at_xoxy.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 12:21:15 -0700

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Frank Gevaerts - frank_at_gevaerts.be wrote:
> Currently devices with the rockbox usb stack leave USB mode when the host OS
> sends an eject command to all exposed drives (usually one, but the sansas
> have two). It does not leave USB mode when the host OS sends "allow medium
> removal".
>
> In practice this means that "safely remove hardware" in windows does not make
> the device leave USB mode, while selecting Eject from the context menu does.

Frank,

Since I started using rockbox usb on my sansa c250 (2gb + 4gb sdhc)
I've been getting messages in windows that it did not unmount cleanly
and needs to be scanned for errors when I reconnect. I always use the
safely remove hardware function, but it does not seem to make any
difference. Could this be related to the behavior you are describing?

Thanks,
Steve