Subject: Questions from a prospective GSOC student

Questions from a prospective GSOC student

From: Lenny Koepsell <lennykoepsell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:34:24 -0700

Hello Rockbox developers!
My name is Lenny Koepsell. I am a student studying electrical engineering
and computer science, and I am very interested in applying to work on
Rockbox through Google Summer of Code this summer. I have been following
Rockbox as a user, occasional submitter of trivial patches, and participant
on the forums since the early development for the iriver h1x0 players in
2004/early 2005. To be candid, my fascination with Rockbox has, at least in
a small way, contributed to my current academic pursuits.

As enthusiastic as I am about applying to work on Rockbox this summer, I
have some concerns and I would appreciate if I could get some help
addressing these concerns. Although I am excelling in software engineering
both in and out of the classroom, I am still fairly early on in my studies.
Due to my lack of experience, I think an essential part of my application
will be doing some preliminary work to prove the project is feasible both as
a project and for me given my skill set.

Is there a venue more appropriate than this mailing list in which to discuss
this? Or are there some particular individuals I should talk to? Should I go
into more detail here? What should my next step be?

Sincerely,
Lenny Koepsell