Subject: Re: Amused by Apple's latest adverts

Re: Amused by Apple's latest adverts

From: Dave Woyciesjes <>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:15:32 -0400

Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Dave Woyciesjes schrieb:
>> Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>>> Well, there is a process of getting info to the Patent Office
>>> about the prior art. This would probably be a task for the higher ups
>>> in the Rockbox org, they could probably get help or advice from the
>>> lawyers of the FSF....
>>> It should be pursued, as far as I'm concerned....
>> Ah, here we go:
> There's no violation of the GPL. They "just" patented a feature that
> Rockbox had long before. GPL violation was if they actually used our
> code too (which I tend to doubt).

Good point. It just would be nice though to see Apple get publicy
slapped for claiming it was first, when it wasn't :)

--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818
--- AIM - woyciesjes
--- CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech -
--- HDI Certified Support Center Analyst -
"From there to here,
 From here to there,
Funny things
are everywhere."