Subject: Re: PortalPlayer USB for 3.2?

Re: PortalPlayer USB for 3.2?

From: Arno Wald <arno.wald_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:09:51 +0100

Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> Opinions?

I am not a rockbox developer, but this is my opinion from user's point
of view:

I was really very, very happy when reading that rockbox 3.2 will support
USB on my Sansa e280. So it would be a pity if it had to be disabled.

If you manage to fix this problem in one or two more weeks it would be
better to postpone the release date by this time. If you think that 2
more weeks do not help either it would be the best to disable the
function so that rockbox will not get a bad reputation because of data
loss in the future (a release should be a stable thing).

If it is possible to make USB support configurable for the user (who
sould be warned on enabling it), this would be a good thing. (Maybe the
daily build could have it enabled?) Many users could test the support
and you get a feeling for the situation. If I had a data loss on my
Sansa, I think it would not be a problem, because my main data storage
is located on other hard discs. Our could data loss mean that the player
could become bricked because the system partition could be hurt?

Thanks,
Arno