Subject: Volunteering mentors needed!

Volunteering mentors needed!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:36:34 +0100 (CET)

Hey

Since we're now really going to make this a great gsoc year we need a bunch of
volunteering mentors.

I'd like to ask all committers to consider this. I think that if we're just
many enough, we can assign two or even three mentors per student to create
small "teams" around each project and thus reduce load from single mentors.

Also, this year I'm quite sure we will *demand* students to post status
updates (weekly?) on this list or similar, which thus will make the students
and the rest of the community more involved and thus possibly helping out even
more to take load off the specific mentors who take on the tasks.

Do note that nobody will get assigned to a student/project against their will
anyway, so you can sign up to be a mentor and if no suitable project for you
is applied for you get away! ;-)

Apply as a mentor for Rockbox here:

         http://socghop.appspot.com/mentor/request/google/gsoc2009/rockbox

--