Subject: Re: how is strnatcmp aka "Interpret numbers while sorting" supposed to sort?

Re: how is strnatcmp aka "Interpret numbers while sorting" supposed to sort?

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_fhtw-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:30:32 +0100

Dominik Riebeling schrieb:
> Maybe I've missed such a consensus -- in this case someone please
> point me to the right direction and ignore this mail :)

After this discussion and the ones in IRC, it seems to me that the
majority is in favor of ignoring leading zeros. This would also match
with Nautilus' and Windows Explorer's sorting.

And we can do that. Give that the usual browsers do it that way, it's
also what the user expects, so it can't be bad. FS#10031 needs changing
the algorithm anyway.

So, should we do that? It at least seems to be the opinion of most people.