Subject: Re: how is strnatcmp aka "Interpret numbers while sorting" supposed to sort?

Re: how is strnatcmp aka "Interpret numbers while sorting" supposed to sort?

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:18:04 -0500

Dominik Riebeling wrote:
> If Windows Explorer / Nautilus / whatever browser the user is using
> sort it "correctly" as in "3", "05", "7"? Then he hasn't skipped it
> but our way of sorting is "wrong".

So in this one single case of the person creating an organized mix
folder, renaming them on his PC, choosing to skip over songs that appear
in the right place, etc, we have a case where this sort is favourable.

Meanwhile, we're willing to break intentional numbering because of this
rare case? Do you really think it's going to occur often enough to plan for?