Subject: Re: Default on or off

Re: Default on or off

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:59:36 +0100

Mike Holden wrote:
> As a side debate (subject line altered appropriately), should it be
> enabled by default?

Yes, I believe it should. I think the average user would appreciate if
it by default sorted in the same way as most modern file browsers do,
i.e natural sorting.

> I would vote for new features which change existing functionality to be
> disabled by default. Do we have a general policy on this?

There is no written policy, but the general opinion among us developers
is that the defaults should be as "sensible" as possible for the
first-time user.

Linus