Subject: Re: Default on or off

Re: Default on or off

From: Bryan VanDyke <>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:03:09 -0400

Mike Holden wrote:
> As a side debate (subject line altered appropriately), should it be
> enabled by default?
> Personally I would say no, since it changes current functionality. I have
> no need for this feature since I only play playlists directly, so the
> names of the actual music files have no interest or meaning for me.

I vote off by default.

> However I do have some "custom" playlists (i.e. mixes, not original artist
> albums), and I labelled them all beginning with 00 (zero zero) so that
> they sorted first in my list of playlists. Once this new feature was
> implemented, my playlists suddenly disappeared into the big list of
> playlists, so that 00Rock.m3u sorted under R while 00ClassicRock.m3u
> sorted under C.

The implementation from before the revert had a bug where it stripped
ALL zeros instead of just LEADING zeros. So if the number was 0, with or
without leading zeros,it was removed. ie

0 -> 0
00 -> nothing
01 -> 1
002 ->2

This was reported in FS#10029. I submitted a fix for it FS#10030 but
unfortunately it got lost in the revert.

The fix did this
0 -> 0
00 -> 0
01 -> 1