Subject: Re: Rockbox as an Application and Google summer of code.

Re: Rockbox as an Application and Google summer of code.

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:54:37 -0500

Mark Allums wrote:

> I would like to suggest that a common framework across environments
> would be wise, e.g., something that is available for Windows, Linux,
> BSD, OS X, etc. Qt? With a layer in there to fit in Paul Louden's
> idea, so that there is minimal wear and tear on the RockBox code.
>
> Mark Allums

The simulator already uses SDL. "As an app" has a goal of detaching it
from the framework, because one may not be available on PDAs,
Smartphones, or Digital Media devices with full operating systems
capable of running third party applications. Rockbox as an app shouldn't
really be thought of as "a PC version of Rockbox." The wider goal is to
ease porting of Rockbox to any location where it won't be the firmware
including ones where such a framework may not be available.