Subject: Re: Behaviour of PREV/NEXT when skip length > 0 and prevent track skippingis activated

Re: Behaviour of PREV/NEXT when skip length > 0 and prevent track skippingis activated

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 07:28:48 +0100

IMHO, skip length should always move forward or backward by the set amount,
limited by the playback position and track length. i.e. a skip forward by 1
minute when you're only 20 seconds from the end would result in a skip to
the end of the track - playback would then continue with the next track.

I'm very strongly against any kind of variable/max skip. If I'm skipping in
5 minute blocks, I want to always jump 5 minutes (where possible).

Could the prevent track skipping simply prevent skipping completely (i.e.
within a track too)? i.e. make the PREV/NEXT buttons only usable for
seeking. IIUC, this was originally put into study mode to prevent
accidental track skips when seeking, but I might be wrong on this one.

pondlife