Subject: Re: Behaviour of PREV/NEXT when skip length > 0 and prevent trackskippingis activated

Re: Behaviour of PREV/NEXT when skip length > 0 and prevent trackskippingis activated

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 11:13:02 +0100

>> IMHO, skip length should always move forward or backward by the set
amount,
>> limited by the playback position and track length. i.e. a skip forward
>> by 1 minute when you're only 20 seconds from the end would result in a
>> skip to the end of the track - playback would then continue with the next
>> track.

> Forgot to say. This is how it works without "Prevent track skipping", and
> it's pretty much not questioned here.

Ah, ok. Then the only case in question is:
- skip length set (not track) and
- prevent track skipping enabled and
- user skips forward near end of track
Is this right?

In this case we have three options:
1) Beep and ignore the skip
2) Skip to end of track and allow playback to continue natually to next
track

Given that the option is Prevent TRACK skipping, I'll change my mind from
earlier and vote for option 1 (which is the current behaviour, IIUC), as
option 2 appears to be a track skip to the user.

pondlife