Subject: SD Card BUS royalties on a new hardware

SD Card BUS royalties on a new hardware

From: Casainho <casainho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:47:38 +0100

Hello :-)

We are working on Lyre project, a Free/Open hardware audio player
(DAP) and recorder, for use with RockBox firmware.

We want to boot our ARM9 from SD Card, but we would like to avoid the
need to pay royalties for using the SD BUS for communicate with card.

Does anyone knows if this ids true?

> I think the royalties for the SD Bus are payed by the IC
> manufacturer.

Or the manufacturer should pay the royalties? in this case, us, before
selling the hardware? - we pretend to assembly and sell on Ebay...