Subject: Re: Behaviour of PREV/NEXT when skip length > 0 and prevent trackskipping is activated

Re: Behaviour of PREV/NEXT when skip length > 0 and prevent trackskipping is activated

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:18:13 +0100

Hi Al,

> Why did you completely ignore my concerns about how it works now and the
> suggested solution? Not even listed as a possible option.

Assuming you mean the "variable skip length"/"max skip length" ides, I
really don't like it - not an option for me .

(I get annoyed enough when the current seek slows down towards track end -
I'd scrap that too were I a dictator!)

I also don't see any reason why PREV and NEXT should be "symmetric" , it's
all about how these (UI) features are used, not how the logic works.

This is, of course, just my opinion.

>> (The third option in you list, mentioned in the followup, was to remove
>> the setting as a whole.)

The third option was not to remove the setting, but to change it from
"Prevent track skipping" to "Prevent skipping". Hope that's clearer now - I
shouldn't attempt to interleave paid work (TM) with Rockbox fun...

pondlife