Subject: Re: SD Card BUS royalties on a new hardware

Re: SD Card BUS royalties on a new hardware

From: Dominik Riebeling <>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:19:26 +0200

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Jorge Pinto aka Casainho
<> wrote:
> Probably we will end using the SPI bus to avoid the royalties and is
> nice to know that at 25% less speed (25MHz bit speed) it should be ok
> for listen the audio from the card. Rich now we are using SPI bus on
> Lyre prototype and seems working ok, but we don't have audio working so
> we can't test if is ok the SPI bus.

Do you have the specs for SDIO available anyway? As far as I know
(though I haven't checked recently) those specs aren't publicly
available, thus leaving you only the option to use SPI anyway.

And please don't top-post to this list.

 - Dominik