Subject: Re: parent directory when visiting shortcuts

Re: parent directory when visiting shortcuts

From: Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:24:53 +0200

On 13.04.2009 02:27, Dan Davison wrote:
> If you're in /dir1 and select an entry in a .link shortcut file which is
> pointing at /dir2, and then hit <Prev>, you end up in /. I was wondering
> whether this is the desired behaviour, or whether people would, in
> principle, like <Prev> to send you back to /dir1?

I think it's the desired behaviour. There is nothing like "folder
history" (like in web browsers). The aim of shortsuts is just to quickly
put you in the desired directory or point to the desired file -- as if
you had navigated there by hand. After that's done all buttons work as
usual. E.g. PREV takes you to the parent directory.

What you're talking about is a new concept to rockbox if I'm not
mistaken. But it might be worth to discuss it (i.e. having something
like a history of the visited locations).