Subject: Re: Behaviour of the "natural" sort: consensus reached?

Re: Behaviour of the "natural" sort: consensus reached?

From: Thomas Martitz <>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:17:49 +0200

Al Le schrieb:
> Hello.
> There's been a discussion about how the "natural" sorting should work.
> But, if I remember correctly, no consensus has been reached. Have I
> missed something? If not then I think we'd start it early enough to
> get it through by the release time! :-)

The consensus was at least that file starting with 000 or something
should be tread as starting with a single 0, so that 00abc and 0abc sort
the same. I think there was also some open discussion with 0s inside the
filename, but I can't remember if we had a consensus there (currently no
0s are ignored).