Subject: Re: Bring me your broken MP4s, your twitchy AACs and other non-working m4a's

Re: Bring me your broken MP4s, your twitchy AACs and other non-working m4a's

From: Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker_at_bennee.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 13:58:47 +0100

2009/5/6 Vladimir Pantelic <pan_at_nt.tu-darmstadt.de>:
> Alex Bennee wrote:
>> If all the seek information is already
>> contained in the moov section and the offsets are relative to the
>> whole file then yes,
>
> yes

Excellent that makes the whole problem a lot simpler.

>> I can just ensure we parse the full file before
>> playback and seek back to the start of the first mdat when we start
>> playing.
>
> well, in theory, the 1st sample could be anywhere in the file, but most
> likely of course at the start of the 1st mdat :-)

Well best locate it properly from the seek data for completeness sake.

I've noticed RB does occasionally restart from where you were last
playing a song. I can't see the mechanism by which this is done. I
assume the codec has been re-loaded on demand so it must be in there
somewhere. Any pointers?

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php