Subject: Re: report on accessibility problems of rockbox utility

Re: report on accessibility problems of rockbox utility

From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 20:54:25 +0200

alex wallis schrieb:

>> 1. Titles of Tabs in (mainscreen and configuration dialog) are not
> I think that its good there is a work around, however I think tabs
> should still be fixed, as at the moment it means people are only
> restricted to one method.

Yes, of course they should be fixed. But is this Workaround useable for
you ? (ie is the menu properly voiced?)

> OK, the version of the utility I am running is v 1.2.1 is this not
> compiled with the latest svn code?
> I just redownloaded it again a few minutes ago. I am not seeing any
> improvements in the various tts selection boxes in terms of changes and
> titles being read.

No, rbutil is not automatically built. We release new versions once in a
while. But maybe we could create a test-binary from the new code for you :-)

> I had a look at the about box, and I can find the field with the
> license, however I can't navigate the license with the up and down arrow
> keys meaning that it isn't easy to read it or go to parts that interest
> you.

I just fixed that in SVN.

>> Question:
>> - How do you use the comboboxes ? Just use "up"/"down" on the
>> combobox, or first press "space" to expand the combobox, then
>> "up"/"down" and then "enter" to accept the change.
> I just press down arrow to change the selection in the combo box, and
> then I would press tab to go to another control or button after I had
> set the selection.

Can you try, if the other method gives better voicing results ?

>> And it would be nice, if you could explore and describe more areas of
>> rbutil in the same style, and we will be hopefully able to improve it.
> The thing is I already have rockbox set up on my player how I like it,
> and I also don't want to muck around with reinstalling the bootloader.
> Did you have any particular areas in mind for explanation?
> Also, just wondering what is the install utility on player option for?

Yes, i especially thought of the installation, as thats the other
critical part for a blind rockbox user. But if you dont want to risk
your installation, i can understand. (maybe backup the .rockbox dir
before trying)