Subject: Re: report on accessibility problems of rockbox utility

Re: report on accessibility problems of rockbox utility

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 16:01:44 +0100

> Hi Alex,
>> Does cygwin need to have any particular packages or versions of packages
>> installed for pool support to work? as I guess either I am doing
>> something wrong or something isn't working properly with cygwin.
> Slightly OT - and not overly relevant until you can access it - but you
> should find that generating voice files (and .talk files) is much faster
> in RBUtil than with Cygwin.
> IMHO there's no need to worry about pooling when using RBUtil - it's just
> that Cygwin has really poor performance.

Why is my question off topic? if you mean for this particular thread yes I
can see your point.
However, In the mean time until the accessibility issues are fixed in the
utility I have to use cygwin for generating the voice.
As a result, I would like to be able to use pool, to save me time.
My reason for mentioning it on this thread was because Dominic mentioned it
so thought I might as well ask, rather than start a hole new thread just to
ask one question.

As I said in my previous message once I can get it working I will update the
wiki to include information about pool support as I am sure cygwin users
might find it of use.